Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Year in Review: January

I can't believe 2010 is nearly over. I'm starting a new blog, but until I can make it cute, I'm posting on the old one for now.

2010 started off with promises of a better year. And it certainly was! I started the year as a single gal, spending lots of time with my friends. I had a crush on my friend Nate and, like any single 23-year-old woman, reverted back to the lessons I learned in Junior High. I recruited my friend Tanner to find out if he was interested in me. Mature, I know.
Nate and I started attending institute together. I would pick him up and take him to class. After, we'd stand in my driveway and talk about religion for hours on end. We had a bad habit of staying up until wee hours in the morning talking about life, scriptures, family, church, everything. We talked about his mission and about my teaching. We'd discuss our beliefs, our goals, our fears, our shortcomings. He became my best friend. I'd never met any one I could talk to so easily. I found that even after staying up so late, discussing everything under the sun, I couldn't wait to talk to him again.

Nate finally asked me on a date. I completely misunderstood what he was asking (It was 2 am...I was tired) and I told him "Um, maybe." Ah, yes. True love. I awkwardly patched things up the next day when my brain turned back on and played back our conversation (which I relived in full horror).

On January 31st we went on our "second" date (depending on who you ask). Nate changed my life with the oh-so-romantic proclamation, "Um. So. I think I kind of like you."
Please excuse the awfulness of this picture. Nate's being a goof and I look as though I've just rubbed all the mascara off of my face. Lovely.

Happy New Year! Check back for new posts and the address of the all-new married person blog.

1 comment:

Jacob & Clarissa said...

Yay! A blog post! I thought you had given up on the blogging world. Definitely post your new blog address when you get it started so I can read that one.!