Monday, September 14, 2009

Starting to catch up... (Random, non-Disney-related post. :) )

A while ago, some friends and I went to yet another dress-up YSA dance. For a person who does not dance well AT ALL, I sure go to a lot of dances! :) This was a 70s/80s dance. I was a little sick of my 80s costume and since 90% of the YSAs at the Blast From the Past dance were decked out in 80s garb, I decided to go for something different. Morgan is always a good sport and dressed up with me. We convinced Tanner to come and to wear some of my dad's old threads, along with some "awesome" jeans he found at Saver's. Morgan wore a dress her mom made in high school and I wore some of my mom's clothes with some of my own stuff thrown in the mix too. (I feel that I look a bit like a Maitre'd at a themed restaurant in Disneyland, but my mom assures me that my look is SO 70s. :) Feel free to weigh in with your opinion.)



Aren't my fellow disco dancers groovy looking? I LOVE Morgan's dress and neck tie. Awesome. :) The best part of the dance was saying hi to a friend of mine. He proceeded to introduce himself to me. It was really funny. I just stood there for a second, wondering if he was joking. When I realized he wasn't, I said, "Um.... you don't recognize me, do you?" I had to take off my sunglasses before he realized who I was. So at least none of my dorky dance moves will be contributed to Emily. Just to some weird mystery girl in a 70s outfit. :)

On a completely unrelated note, my dad was able to go to Mexico a while back and see Sabastian get baptized. He had SO much fun! We missed him at home, but enjoyed our girl time and we are glad he had such a great time with cute Karla and family. :) Karla sent some treats back with him. We gave some to Lexie and Landon and we had fun sampling some ourselves. I haven't had Mexican candy in a LONG time and it was fun to try all this yummy stuff! Thanks, Karla!

Hope everyone is doing well! Happy blogging!

1 comment:

heather said...

Super fun to see my kid bro on your blog. Please don't encourage him in wearing those "awesome" pants though. :( They're HORRIBLE. 70's or no. :)